Zucchini, also known as courgette or summer squash, is amazing for health and fat loss. They are low in calories and rich in vitamins and nutrients like potassium, Vitamin C and Vitamin A. They are low in sugar and carbs and high in fiber and water making them good for digestion, controlling blood sugar, and feeling full.
This recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser in the summer. It makes a great side dish or a nice topping for a salad.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 2 Tbs capers, drained and chopped
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick rectangles. Depending on the size of the zucchini, you may also want to cut the rectangles in half.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss with hands to coat.
- Grill zucchini until charred and slightly tender, about 4 minutes per side. To get good grill marks, only flip once.
- Meanwhile, zest the lemon over a small bowl. Drain and chop the capers and add to the zest. Gently stir to combine.
- Juice the rest of the lemon and set aside.
- Top the grilled zucchini with the lemon juice and lemon caper mixture. Enjoy!