This is hands-down my favorite guacamole recipe. Everyone I know requests I bring this to parties. My secret is in choosing properly ripe avocados and mixing the ingredients. Avocados are SO good for you because of their potassium content, fiber and "good" monounsaturated fat.
Selecting the perfect avocado
If party is 4-5 days away: Firm like a tennis ball but not as firm as a golf ball. Press your thumb into the fruit, it should have a slight give.
If party is 1-3 days away: Hold the avocado in your palm and gently press your thumb into the fruit. There should be a small indent from the pressure of your thumb.
Note: Hass avocados are the best for guacamole. Never choose a rock hard avocado or a mushy avocado that is beaten around the sides. Store the avocados at room temperature so they fully ripen.
Perfect Guacamole Recipe
- 3 ripe Hass avocados, peeled and diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Optional: 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (leaves), chopped
- Cut the avocados in half and carefully dice while in the skin. Scoop out the avocado with a spoon into a medium size bowl.
- Squeeze 1 of the limes over the avocado. Lightly mash together with a fork until the consistency is smooth and creamy yet still chunky for texture.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Fold together with a spoon.
- Add the salt and second lime to taste. Gently mix to combine.
- Let guacamole sit for an hour before serving so the flavors meld together.
Serving suggestion: GMO-free organic corn tortilla chips and sliced vegetables like red pepper, carrot, and cucumber.